About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

why does everything need a title?

LOL! I am just beyond busy these days, with no end in sight. I would not have it any other way, but I am still pretty tired.
Joel has football practice in the morning, we leave at 5:30. I take another boy w/ us in the morning, and his mom brings Joel home. then, Joel works in the afternoons, and then M,T, TH he has baseball games that run from right after work to almost 11 at night. Wed he has football, just until around 8 though. Looking forward to Saturday when he has no sports or work. You can bet that Josh will need to run somewhere though,lol.
I have a friend who is kind of driving me crazy. I really try to accept people for who they are, and not judge them. For the most part I am pretty good at it, I think. She just does not think things through at all. Then, she does not like what happens and becomes depressed. I hate to see her struggle, but for the most part, the things she is going through are of her own doing. She does not usually ask for suggestions, but when she does she debates why they won't work. Ugh.
Right now she is upset that the kittens that I gave her are scratching. What 36 yr old woman, who had cats as a child, did not know that they scratch. She asked how to get them to stop, so I gave her ideas and even though she has not tried any of them, she is sure they will not work. I think she is going to ask me to take them back.
She is upset that her 15 yr old son will not get a job. She says that she needs the money. She also wants him to babysit while she attends school from 8-2 every day. I asked her when he would have time to work if he babysits that much, and he is also an athlete. She said that is for him to figure out. Double ugh.
She has started and stopped school so many times that her financial aide is messed up. She was supposed to start summer classes this week but they would not approve her. SO, at this point the babysitting issue is a moot point but I am sure it will come up again. She does not have control of the youngest boy and yet she thinks he can control him.
She is really stressed financially, which is only partly her doing, her ex stopped paying child support. She is unemployed in the summer, and did not go file right away ( the part that is her fault) and so she does not have money for her family's essentials like food. She asked me what to do and again, all of my ideas will not work. Someone from her church ended up taking her shopping. I am glad they will be eating this week.
I know I am beyond weird w/ the amount of time I spend shuffling kids to and from their sports, and that I have not missed a game of theirs EVER! The day I was taked to the hospital by ambulance, I got out of ER in time to go to the game, and I went ( much to the dismay of everyone who cares about me,lol.) She upsets me too, because her ds plays his heart out and she is no where to be seen. She said she can not start going to his games because then the younger ones will expect it too. I don't know how when she never even signs them up?? LOL.
I have been pretty frustrated w/ her from time to time, but only got angry w/ her one time when she said that I let my kids run my life.
So, as DR. Phil says, what is the payoff?? Not sure. I do like her. I know it doesn't sound like it w/ this post, I guess I can take some time tomorrow and post about her good qualities. We lost touch once and I really missed her. I do need to figure this out though I think.
Well, this is so long you are prolly sorry you opened this blog..... will write more later!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Hello My Friend,
I feel like we haven't talked in ages between my house painting and your playing taxi to the boys. I was so relieved to see that I am NOT the friend that is driving you insane! LOL
I honestly think that some people love misery and it sounds like maybe your friend in one of those people; sad to say. Perhaps it is just a phase in her life.
I have to get back to my painting now, but I hope to have the chance to talk to you soon!

Lisa said...

yeah, dianna I miss you too, and of course you are not driving me insane,lol. Also, my friend knows she is driving me insane, I told her first,lol. I hope to talk to you soon!