About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

quite the adventure

So, today, I would have loved to just relax. But that was not in the cards.Joel had to work, and Josh's friend wanted to come over, and I had grocery shopping blah blah blah. After dropping Joel off at work, he called me almost immediately that he had to work 3 hrs extra.
No problem, I tell him ( grrrr I hate changing plans,lol) so I decide just to get Josh's friend and head back home. On the way home on our two lane highway, we got stopped because of an accident. It must have been horrific, two helicopters, two ambulances, lots of police officers. Took a minute to pray for them, and then saw the sherriffs telling us we had to turn around.
So, we head back toward town, and the sherriff was detouring us down a dirt road that runs along the highway. Everyone took the detour. Lets just say that was a very bad plan.
It was very sandy, and people started getting stuck. The recent storms really changed this road. I made it a long way- I used to go off roading a lot and those skills really came in handy. There was almost an accident between a couple of other guys and pretty soon there were only a few of us not stuck. My boys were helping, as were most of the men, to get all 20 some cars just one more mile down the road. We had come so far! Turing back was not possible because of all the cars that were stuck behind us.
We persevered, and made it though. It only took 2 hrs to go 11 miles,lol.
I have to go back and pick up Joel, I am hoping for a little less adventure.

No comments: