About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Papa



This photo is from the mid 90s, I think 1995, not sure really. Its a picture of Josh and his paternal grandfather. After my sons were born, he was known to just about everyone as "Papa". Papa was a good kind man, who valued family over everything else. He really enjoyed fishing, camping, riding quads/4x4. He was always up for coming over for dinner, going out for a quick snack or just doing the regular everyday things.

He and I shared a birthday, that was pretty cool.

He lost Joel once, in a store, before Joel was even walking ( don't ask, I still don't understand how it could happen) and 2 years later he lost my dog. I never let him watch anything again,lol- even though I found both my son, and my dog.

After the boys' dad and I divorced, he and I stayed close, I still considered him my FIL. He was still there for the boys, went to as many activities as he possibly could, and always had time for their phone calls. He even, from time to time, listened to me vent about his son. He was an amazing man.

He passed away suddenly a few yrs ago, a great man gone too soon. There are just no words to express all he did for me, and my sons during his time here.

Joel and I were going through some scrapbooks the other day and Joel, a boy of few words, and even fewer feelings said simply "I wish Grandpa was still here"

Me too... Me too.

1 comment:

scrapper al said...

Papa sounds like he was a wonderful man. Thanks for sharing.