About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

the annual birthday bash


The end of Aug/beginning of September brings many birthdays to the Trebitowski/Smith/Brown group. My birthday, my late FIL's birthday and my new nephew's birthday is all on the same day- whew! Joels birthday comes 2 days later, and them my sisters during the next week. This year we met again, at the Native New Yorker for some good food and good converstation. This year we had a 2yr old at the table, who I am pretty sure was quieter than the two teenage boys I brought w/ me,lol.

Josh always gets 20 dollars from Grandma/Grandpa with a card that says "just because". Joel gets the same on Josh's birthday. They started that when they were little, and I guess it is a tradition now.

We all got funny cards, very fitting for our personalites. I am not going to share the cards here- its just a lil bit too honest,lol.

Things I hope I never forget about this day:

1) When Josh ordered a hamburger and the waitress asked him how he would like it cooked, he replied " Um..Good??" He reported after dinner that it was, in fact, good.

2) How my dad is w/ my nephew. He is very doting, tries to fix each and every thing that could potentially bother him, and jealous if anyone tries to hold/talk to him. He even took him away from my mom today,lol. I will admit that if I had to guess, my dad is my nephews favorite person in the whole world.

3) Today, I noticed that I like to chew on straws ( today I was not but I often do) Joel likes to chew on straws ( this I had noticed before, since he also leaves them around the house) but my nephew also, loves to chew on straws. We are weird.

4) My family, as nutty as they can be- are very supportive of me, and my kids. That's cool.

No comments: