About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

nap time



My kids were good sleepers. They really honestly were. I was lucky like that.

Except that any time we tried to deviate from nap/bed time, this is what we got. Kids falling asleep on us,lol. No matter what, no matter where, if it was noon or 8 pm, they fell asleep.

Once when Joel was 5, it was a Saturday night and we were enjoying the company of some friends at their house. Kids playing, adults watching a movie, just relaxing and having a good time.

Joel read the clock and panicked- it was 755 pm. He made such a production about how his bedtime was at 8 and we needed to start for home. Alas, since he was sucking all the fun out of the evening,lol... we did.

When Joel went to first grade, he told his teacher on the first day that he would not be able to stay until 230 pm, since his nap was actually at noon.

He actually made it though school, but his entire first grade year he took a nap right after school.

He stopped taking naps in the second grade, but as a teenager started napping again, and now, at 19 still loves his naps.

No comments: