About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

drama, karma, kindness

My life has not been without drama, but as of late, I have spent my time attempting to create a drama free life. I have done a pretty good job, especially considering I have two teenage boys.

Some drama entered my life today. My kids dad has found himself w/ no where to go. We have a long history, most of it not good. We met at 15, so that was 25 yrs ago. I will save the long story of why the marriage did not work. Since we have been divorced, he has been shall we say, less than kind. When my second husband and I decided I should be a stay home mom, he called me lazy and every other possible name in the book. He is months behind on child support. Now, here he is on my doorstep, thousands of dollars behind on child support, asking for me to support not only the two kids by myself, but him too. He is not working and at this time has no prospects. He has a total of 4 children.

He did not even have the gas money to get to my house. That he borrowed from Joel, my oldest son.

People sometimes think that I allow people to walk over me. Thats fine, they can think that, and surely I have been taken advantage of.

I say it takes a lot more strength to be kind to someone who has given you no reason to be kind to them, than it does to be mean. I say tonight when I lay my head on my pillow- I can sleep knowing that I was a decent human being.

That said, I am already supporting two kinds and myself and have no desire to support a man. ( If I was interested in that, I would at least choose someone who was going to give me some benefit,lol.)

I decided to let him stay for a bit. This does put a cramp in everyones style. It may not work very well at all, it could get ugly. It could also be ok. We just don't know.

I guess we will see, drama, karma, or kindness.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That was very kind of you to let him stay Lisa. You are a great person and a strong lady. Please be safe girlie!

Nikki

scrapper al said...

I hope you already know that you are a decent human being and that if you did not give your ex a place to stay, you are still a decent human being. I hope he appreciates your kindness, but if not, I hope your sons appreciate it. Good luck!