About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Pain

These are my thoughts on pain........

Pain is invisible . No one can see it. You can't "know" that the person in front of you in line, struggling w/ her purse, cards, pen- whatever, isn't experiencing intense pain with each movement. Give her a break.

Chronic pain can be depressing. I hurt somewhere every minute of every day. I am not complaining, I can still walk. Most days, everything works and I can get through. Most days, everything does not hurt, just something. But just knowing, that each and every day, something is going to hurt, and you really can't predict what is going to hurt, and plan ahead, can be depressing.

With that said, I handle myself, and my pain pretty well. I look on the bright side, do what I can, and try my best not to get upset at the things I can't do. I am getting better on allowing people to help me when I need it.

There are a couple of kinds of pain that I usually do not have, headaches and backaches. ( I know, Kristie, I thought of you when I started writing this,lol) If I have either of these, I crumble to pieces. I deal w/ worse pain, in my joints all the time. But a headache is just so- right there. You can't use a different joint, you can't adjust, the headache is there- all up front and in your face. It is a constant annoyance. And your back, well, it is holding you up,lol.

This morning I have a headache. I know what it is from, and I am embarrassed to confess it is from not drinking enough water. DUH! So I am working on it this morning, hopefully it will be gone soon. It is all in my face, if I had to be nice to people it might be difficult. I actually can see this headache in my eyes, so maybe not all pain is invisible.

Today is my run like a chicken w/ my head cut off day. Tonight is football.
Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Looks like I'm a day late here but I hope your head stopped hurting. As for my back, it just continues to get worse still. It is very depressing. :(

Alex rearranged my bed thinking that it might be my matress but now my hips ache. Anyway, sorry to whine. Seems I do that a lot lately. (Feeling so sorry for myself.)