About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

on a mission

I have been on a mission for the past few months to declutter. To get rid of stuff.
I have spent the last 22 years collecting stuff. Stuff for my dream house. Stuff for my home. Stuff for my kids. Stuff for teaching and stuff for crafts.
I am a bargin hunter, so I got a great deal on all this stuff. My kids have become bargin hunters too, so they have been collecting too,lol.
This week, I filled our trash can completely full, two days before they are coming to pick up trash. I have been to goodwill twice. I was able to control myself while in the thrift store too,lol. ( Lets not bring home MORE clutter,lmbo.)
Now that I am pretty much set, I feel like this is "it", I am not moving again, stuff that I have been collecting either has a place or it doesn't. That has been helpful in getting rid of stuff. I have( so far) not been sad about anything I have thrown or given away. No regrets.
I am trying to donate everything that could possibly have a use, or recycle it, and only throw away absolute junk.I am not a big fan of throwing away stuff, adding to the landfill problem.
That is why, normally, we have just one bag of trash a week. Our paper/cardboard is either recycled, used as weed barrier or composted. Our food scraps are either composted or fed to our animals. Pretty much the only trash we have is plastic stuff. I feel good about that!
I have a loooooong way to go.
I am the only one on board here, still after 2 or 3 months. My dh will not get rid of one thing. Shirts that he has not worn in the entire 8 years that I have known him. Shirts that are too small and are missing more buttons than are there.
My kids will get rid of clothes that do not fit them anymore, but that is about it. Joel refuses to get rid of any toy that he has ever touched.
It's ok, one day at a time,lol.
Josh's x-box broke yesterday. That really stinks.
I shopped for some more landscape plants today, spent 20 bucks and got quite a few things. Josh and I are going to get them planted tomorrow.
Gonna sign off for now.

No comments: