About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

hanging in here............

We have beeng getting some wild storms the past couple of days. We lost power yesterday.
I also thought that there was something wrong w/ my computer, so I took it in and of COURSE, just like taking your car to the mechanic, it is not doing it for him,lol. Well, good news is it did not cost anything, hopefully when I get it home it will work. ( I am at a friends now, waiting on Joel to get done w/ football practice.
My friend Kristie is in the hosptial. She had a horrible kidney infection and had to be admitted. She is not enjoying her stay, but she looks better today. I hope that they are able to send her home tomorrow, so she can rest,lol.
I made her a homemade card, she really enjoyed it. She will be on the list for future homeade projects,lol.
Having trouble w/ my ex again. Mostly financial, although he has stopped calling and seeing the boys. That lasted a whole 5 months this time. Ugh.
My dh and I also got into it because he keeps saying " I don't want to hear it" when I try to vent to him about either my ex or a girlfriend that is kind of driving me crazy. I told him that I should always be able to talk to him about anything. He said he doesn't really mean he doesn't want to hear it. I asked him what he really means, and he explained that I tell him the same old thing over and over and he does not want to hear it. LOL I said, well, sounds like you don't want to hear it, and that is what you are saying and that is what you mean. I don't agree w/ having off limit topics w/ your spouse, and it is bothering me a lot, especially w/ me feeling so lonely lately. I might try that on him, next time he goes on and on about one of his tv shows or a problem from work that I don't particularly care about. I am not much for games, but sometimes it is the only thing he understands.
My mom has those off limit topics w/ me too, w/ regards to my ex. That really frustrates me. It makes me feel alone and like I can not count on these people when I need them. I am going to be pissed off if I have to pay a damn therapist to vent about my ex to,lol. I can not change the situation. It is what it is. I handle it the best I can, and I am raising his children w/o help. But sometimes, I need to vent a little and say things that are not nice. I don't drink or smoke. I can not get lost in the pain that way. I need to talk a little. Sorry to be such a burden to everyflippinone.
Wow, I did not realize how pissed off I was when I started this entry. I honestly could not figure out what I was going to talk about,lol.
I told Chris last night that I was going to count my blessings, because that is usually what brings me out of a funk. I did not do that today, so I will do that here and then close.
1. My parents are a great source of comfort. I will never starve, be homeless or face adversity alone as long as they are on this earth.
2. My kids are healthy, and they are not missing.
3. We will eat dinner tonight, and everyone in my family likes what we are having.
4. I am thankful for my car, even though I spent way too much time today in it,lol.
5. I am thankful for sonic drinks.
6.I was thankful nothing is wrong w/ my computer.
7. I am thankful for having the medication I need.
8. I am thankful for this blog, it sure helped me out today....

No comments: