About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Friday, September 02, 2005

are you ready for some football?

Good thing I was ready,lol.
Josh won his first HS football game this week, 45-12. He is really doing well in school, and his teachers are wonderful men and women.
Joel also won his game, 25-0.He is in heaven, he gets a lot of playing time, and is captain. All of his hard work is paying off w/ this coach. This coach really rewards hard working players, and Joel works hard for sure.
He is beyond stressed though, with school, football, and his job. The job is almost over, but it really is taking its toll on him now. He is losing things, forgetting things, and the smallest things are upsetting to him. I think it will get easier at the end of sept when his job ends, and maybe he gets back into the swing of things in football, and they cut down on some practices.
My east set pool that we started setting up last Sunday is almost finished now,lol. You are supposed to be able to set it up in 30 mins but apperantly they have not met my DH. It is up, and filled, now I need to get DH to finish the stuff w/ the filter/pump etc.
I am kind of bugged these days with judgemental people. I try not to let them upset me because A)- not worth my time,energy and B) if I sit in judgment of them, for being judgemental how am I any better?
But since it is my blog,lol I am going to take a few minutes and get this off of my chest.
God loves all of us. None of us are any better than any other of us. Period. God is our judge. It is not for us to do.
Everything is not black and white. I have morals, and values and issues that I believe in. Good for me. I try to teach my children what my values and beliefs are. I feel that is my job, to teach them about mine, then send them off into the world and hope that they find their own morals, values and beliefs. They won't match mine exactly. Neither do my neighbors, my friends or even all of the people in my same faith. Good for them.
There are lots of things that people judge others about. Weight, how much education, someones job or chosen career, clothing, shoes, sahm/work/daycare, CM style scrapping, the car someone drives and the list goes on and on. I sure don't have the energy to worry about anyone else. I wonder how people spend that much time out of their day, not only to notice whatever they judge someone about, but then to post on a message board or call their friend or whatever.
I am never shy about sharing my viewpoint, even when I am not asked. But I find a way to share it w/o "calling someone out" or being directly offensive. My viewpoint is just that, mine. It isn't for everyone, maybe it isn't for anyone. No biggie. I am totally confident in my opinions and therefore don't feel the need to force them on anyone. I also am not threatened by someone w/ a differing viewpoint.
I wish we were less judgemental. It serves no purpose. It is hurtful to everyone, especially to the one who is doing the judging. Every time they do it, it closes their mind just a little bit more.
Sure, there are things that I find unacceptable. There are people who I have chosen not to hang with or even talk to. That is how I take care of ME. When I look at the short list of people who I don't have contact with, my list is very short, and it seems as though it is their judgmental-ness that came between us, not some other issue.
I urge you- open your hearts, open your minds. I saw a siggy on a website the other day that said "be kind to everyone because everyone is having a hard time". and then oprah's saying " when they know better they will do better"
Peace.

No comments: