About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Monday, September 05, 2005

my new favorite tune

I am loving the new Van Zant tune " Help Somebody". There are so many different words of wisdom in this song.


Well grandaddy was a hillbilly scholar, blue collar of a man...
He came from the school of "you don't need nothin' if you can't make it with your own two hands"
He was backwoods, backwards, used words like: no sir, yes ma'am, by god, I'll be darned, hell yeah I'm American..
and all the years he walked this earth
I swear all he did was work.
He said the devil dreams on an idle horseso you listen to me squirt..
Don't get too high on the bottle, and get right with the man.
Fight your fights, find your grace and all the things that you can't change, and help somebody if you can
Now Granny said sonny stick to your gun if you believe in something no matter what
cause it's better to be hated for who you are
Than loved for who you're not.
She was 5 feet of concrete New York born and raised on a slick city street.
She'll stare you down, stand her ground, still kickin' and screamin' at 93
I remember how frail she looked in that hospital bed taking her last few breaths of life and smiling as she said
Don't get too high on the bottle, just a little sip now and then,
fight your fights, find your grace,and all the things you can't change
and help somebody if you can,and get right with the man.
I never let a cowboy make the coffee
yeah thats what Granny always said to my Grandad
and he'd say never tell a joke that ain't that funny more than once
and if you wanna hear God laugh, tell Him your plans
Don't get too high on the bottle, get right with a man, son.
fight your fights, find your grace,and all the things you can't change
and help somebody if you can
and get right with the man and get right with the man.

So that is it- my new favorite song,lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to visit your blog, come check out our
internet shopping site. Whether you are online shopping for cooking tools or other items, you can find them here.