About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Friday, November 14, 2008

ouch



Well... you know how we celebrate our children's milestones? I am not celebrating,lol. It's Joel's first accident. Ugh....

What I am celebrating is the way he handled/is handling himself. Being a 911 dispatcher I often hear about people leaving the scene, or starting fights, or behaving badly in light of a stressful situaton.

What Joel did was call his brother first...(and while I am a little annoyed at that... he was on the way to pick him up) stayed there, checked on the people in the other car, was respectful to everyone there and handled himself in a generally grown up fashion. Of course I was at work. Since I have been working there I had always wondered how I would handle things if one of my kiddos had an emergency while I was there. More on that tomorrow... its a "deep thought" thing,lol.

Not sure what we are going to do w/ this car exactly- it all depends. For now, he is skateboarding everywhere he needs to go, which is pretty convinient for him at school.

Drive safely everyone! ( and no he wasn't texting at the time of the accident,lol.)

No comments: