About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Max

This is Mischievous Max. He isn't really,lol but that look on his face almost has me convinced otherwise.

I had my sons at 22 and 23 yrs old. I had been married 4 years when we had our first-Joel. Josh came 18 months later, and although at the time I was one tired mama... I wouldn't change a minute of it. I am still tired,lol much older but it has been a great ride. Joel is now 19, Josh is 17.5.

As with most people without children... my sister knew she was a way better parent than I am. For 16 years I stood by... doing my best, however imperfect it was... listening to how I was doin it wrong. Its only fair... I taught for 8 years before I had Joel, and while I would like to think I was not as judgemental as my sister... I am sure I thought at least once that I could do it much better. Karma.... lol.

Joel was so intense from birth. He cried loud and hard and knew what he wanted. As he got to be 2... His temper tantrums were as intense. So was his joy... but no one ever faults a parent for that,lol. Josh was more easygoing... which was great then, cuz Joel was about enough...

Max at 2 is very different from either of my kids. My sister is a much older first time mom than I was... 36 at the time of his birth. She parents very differently than I did. Not wrong.. goodness knows I have learned never to say that... but different. Maybe Max is different because she is different... or she is different because Max is... who knows.

That boy adores my dad- which is pretty cool to see. My kiddos were closer to their dad's dad... and me. Max is able to sit in a highchair for what seems like forever to me. Joel was one of those kids who had to be walked around outside until the food came. Max is quiet. Really quiet. Joel was... well not quiet. Josh was quieter, I think, but not too sure since Joel was making so much noise. Joel and Josh both were very confident kids- not shy... talk to anyone/everyone...and wanted to do everything themselves. We had many a meltdown if I opened the doorknob instead of checking who's turn it really was,for example. Max does not talk much at all... is very shy and doesn't seem to be as insistant at "doing it himself" and looks at my dad before he makes a move to do anything.It is really interesting to see.

Now that my sister has had him... she realizes it isn't easy as it looks... I am hearing through my mom that my sister thinks her assessment of me may have been too harsh. Like I said... Karma.

Have a good one... and lets try to be uplifting to all parents out there!

No comments: