About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Friday, June 30, 2006

one of my top 5 worst days evah..............

Which I am not going to dwell on,lol. I am tired, crabby, overwhelmed and the whole 9 yards.

I am going to post about one of the most amazing acts of honesty and kindness that helped salvage the day.

I was at Super Walmart and drop dead tired. I was thinking about a problem I am having and how I should best handle said problem.

I loaded my groceries in the car and decided that I was going to head to panda express since I more than deserved a treat.

I get to panda express ( same parking lot as WM) and lo and behold I can not find my purse. I realize I left it on top of my car. DARN IT!

SO, I head back to my parking spot, after all, it had only been a minute. I searched and searched. No luck. I was devestated. I had a large amount of cash in it, plus all the stuff we carry in our purses that we do not want to lose. My ID had been stolen like 6 weeks ago and I was not looking forward to that whole thing again. Man, what a dummy I am.

I searched every sq. in of that parking lot and decide to go check at customer service. I am sure no one has turned it in, but I have to check,right?

Well, someone did turn it in. Everything is there. Every penny. Every card, every everything. I am so blessed. Good thing, since I can't be smart,lol.

2 comments:

scrapper al said...

I'm so happy your purse was found by an honest person! Your good karma is coming back to you.

Kristie said...

So glad you got your wallet back! One time when I was checking out at a grocery store I had put my wallet up on that thing at checkout where you can write your checks, KWIM? Well, I wrote the check out, paid for the groceries and then proceeded to load them in my buggy. After that I just strolled off and totally forgot that my wallet was still on the register thingy. I was putting the groceries in the car when I realized where I left it. Not more than a couple of minutes had passed. I ran back in the store, same register and told them I left there. They DENIED seeing it! Oh talk about livid! To this day I am convinced that the punks!!! (Teenage cashier girl and bag boy) took it! I bet they put my wallet out of site before I ever got out of the store. Looking back now I wish I'd have asked for the manager. Maybe if I'd described my wallet and the situation they could have looked around her register and probably would have found it stuff up in there! Just thinking about it to this day pisses me off. Oh and also... there was no line behind me, so that is also why I am 99.9% sure the punks took it. Sorry for writing a book. It gets me every time. LOL