About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Monday, June 26, 2006

I must be very boring.

Looks like I need to get involved in a love triangle or some other controversy to get readers/commenters.

LOL- ain't gonna happen here, I sorta like the boring life I have put together for myself. The less drama and controversy the better.

Todays mission, one that would bore most of you to tears, is to put two of my favorite cookbooks into sheet protectors and into a binder. They are falling apart and I am scared to loose any of the pages.

The cookbooks are "Make a Mix" and "More Make a Mix". They have wonderful recipes that help cut down time in the kitchen. Some of the mixes are similar to mixes you would buy in the store ( like a muffin mix or pancake mix) and some are just timesavers for main dishes and such. I like the time savings, the money savings and the " preservative" savings, since I know what I am putting in there. I am getting motivated to start using these books now!

This week I am looking forward to making some appointments and cropping w/ a friend.

It is hotter than heck here, so I am outside as little as possible, although we are enjoying the pool.

Have a great, non controversial day!

3 comments:

scrapper al said...

Hey, you've got lots of readers, just not a lot of commenters, lol. Some of us are too lazy to log in to comment and some of us are paranoid about leaving many traces of ourselves in cyberspace. And some of us are both. ;)

Sooo now that we have that out of the way, on to the important topics. I'm doing more cooking at home. I take it you recommend these books?

Lisa said...

LOL yes al- I totally would recommend them! And two more faves are Fix and Forget It and Fix and Forget it Entertaining.They are the two best crockpot cookbooks ever!

Kristie said...

Present and accounted for. Still reading your blog on a regular basis. LOL
And I just gotta say... be as "boring" as you wanna be girlfriend because you are in great company. Not all of us can be so tormented and have such dramatic lives as certain others do. Frankly I count my blessings for that!
We are just a different kind of interesting. ;) Blog on sistah!!