About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Shift change

Getting ready to switch from my beloved swing shift...back to day shift. I used to be a morning person...not so much anymore,lol. I am not thrilled w/ my days off- but its just for four months and then I will be doing a different shift.

I have been spending some time lately thinking about where I would like to live "forever" lol. My parents lived in the same house from the time I was 8 mo old until I was 22. I loved living in the same place. I have not been able to do that as an adult, and while I have liked almost everywhere I have lived, I am thinking about "whats next" at this time. I have figured a few things out so far.

One is that I want to stay in Casa Grande. I really really like it. I "know" the people at my Sonic... and at my pharmacy...etc. I just love that kind of thing.

I have also decided that the likelyhood of me getting married again is slim to none,lol. So I have decided that my idea of living on a large piece of land in the boonies is not that realistic for a 40 something old lady w/ RA,lol. I have been looking at some homes in the historic district in town, and am finding several homes that seem to "fit" me. No houses that all look the same- definately no HOA-bigger yards and cross my fingers for a block fence. With the prices of homes so low now, I can get something really nice for about less than half of what I am paying for rent. We will see how it all plays out- but I'm looking around.

I'm still feeling better all the time, had a touch of a cold this week, but the RA stuff is waaay better.

I have not scrapbooked in a really long time! I have been to the zoo 3 times recently- and with my switch to day shift this summer I will be up at the crack of dawn anyway-so I might get a few good trips in this summer too.

No comments: