About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

still here,lol

Not a lot going on here... starting to get warmer here in AZ. Getting ready to change shifts at work-I will be back on day shift. This is my least favorite shift of all- the nature of calls for service are different, and in my "old age" I have become less of a morning person.

I have also decided that the type of people that work in education are very different than the type of people who work in law enforcement- even w/ dispatch. Or, more appropriately-especially w/ dispatch. I am sure that at one time or another I annoyed another teacher-but I do not recall ever being treated in an unprofessional manner while at work. My good friend, who is a police officer who used to be a teachers' aid reminded me the other day "You're on another playground now" lol. She is right. I am not sure I will ever get used to it-but I am working on adapting, and hopefully showing others' through my example the way to behave professionally while in conflict w/ others.

No comments: