About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

work...



Two days before this picture was taken ( at our work apprecation party) I was walking into my job. I walked right past 3 people, said hi, and not even one of them stopped what they were doing to look up and reply. These are people I have worked w/ for 2 years. We depend on eachother.

So I started thinking back to a conversation I had had w/ another friend from work, about that same topic. Feeling invisible. Would anyone even notice if I wasn't there. I don't think I am irreplaceable- but I am unique, different, no one is exactly like me blah blah blah. Would anyone care at all if I was no longer employed there. I vowed that day, to do a better job of letting the people who mean something to me, know it.

And then, here we are at our work appreciation day. Our supervisors care if we show up ( lol). This happens to be a week dedicated to recognizing 911 dispatchers... so several people from our police fire and ems departments took time to acknowledge the work we do. Some even stopped to talk to me specifically about things I have done for them, or that they have noticed/felt during the past year.

So, I guess feeling sorry for myself was as silly as it felt,lol. I need to remember that every other Friday I am thanked for my work, and that I need to do my part in recognizing others and making sure they know that I care about them.

Lisa

1 comment:

scrapper al said...

I'm glad you and your work were recognized. I appreciate your work and hope I never have to make use of it.