About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Friday, July 11, 2008

rough week at work

I usually don't bring calls home w/ me. So far, I have been pretty good about that. This week was a little rougher to do that, for me.
The first call that tore my heart out was from a man who came across two young boys who had been dropped off at a rest area along the side of the highway. When he met up w/ them, they had been outside for 4 hrs alone. There was a serious langage barrier, between me, and the caller. I was kind of a dork during the call, spanish is not my strong suit, and my first "second language" is police code, so at the end of the call, after trying to decipher his spanish I answered him in police code,lol. But- we got through it. Got the kids some water, some dinner and made contact w/ a relative. Man- some people suck.

The second call, will be w/ me probably forever. A man called and said there were 3 people here that he needed removed from his house. I asked the questions we usually ask, and come to find out they were his children. 4,5,and 6 yrs old, and he wanted "them and all their stuff out of his house" because he wanted to continue drinking and they were not letting him have a good time. He ended up getting arrested, thank God. I hope they let him listen to himself when he sobers up.

I did help some people this week, and hopefully made a difference in someones life. I love my job........ I love my job.........

1 comment:

Kristie said...

WOW! Just wow!

I agree they should MAKE him listen to that tape where he called in.

You should feel good. You did those kids a favor. Maybe now they have a chance at a decent and full life. :)
(((hugs)))