About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

YIPEE!!

I am going to head up north to my parents cabin this weekend!!! I am going to have to take my car ( I hate to drive, hate hate hate it) because Josh has to work later than my parents will want to leave, but it will be worth it!
I plan to take a ton of pictures because this is probably the last time I will be there before the rennovations begin.
There is a cool LSS in Flagstaff, I am going to try to visit, if I can swing that. I am going to take Josh to a cool resturant- Bun Huggers, and to a place that sells home brewery equipment. They have a kit that lets you make your own soda so I am going to pick that up while I am there. I had meant to get it for him for Christmas but ran out of time to get it.We will prolly also go to Bookmans ( used book/videogame/cd store) and a couple of other stores we like to hit- it is a college town, so lots of very hip places to go.
I am struggling w/ a choice I need to make right now. Josh has some friends who I believe are bad for him. I have always had the personal belief before that people need to learn how to make good choices regardless of the company that they keep. Sheltering, whatever you want to call it, is a disservice, because one day - boom you are in the real world and it is uncensored.
I had friends of all types, ones that made good choices, some that made bad choices. Despite them, I made mostly good choices for myself.
I am struggling because I can also see another side to this. Protecting Josh from himself, at this point- if he is not going to do it. But, that goes against what I have always believed. But what good are my beliefs if Josh, while in the company of this group makes some life altering decision. tough, this parenting of teens is- tough tough tough!

1 comment:

scrapper al said...

Good luck Lisa! Makes me glad I don't have kids...I don't know how I would handle this, but I'm sure not as well as you.