About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

whats new

wellllllllllllll, lets see.
Tuesday, Joel called me from school and said I should pick him up, he is sick. He has had perfect attendance for the past 3 years, and never, I mean, never likes to miss school.
I picked him up and took him to the doc.
The doc felt he has a viral infection, blah blah blah, wait it out, get better in three days, drink water.
He went to school weds, did fine, played baseball- whole 9 yards.
Thursday at 230 am, he wakes me up, pain is horrible, he needs to go to the ER. Wow- I have never had to take joel,lol.
So, off we go. He is sleeping in the waiting room. We meet w/ the triage nurse and, I know he is in extreme pain, he is agitated and unable to concentate. He insisted to her that he has chest pains. She asked to point to where it hurts, and he pointed at his belly. She felt it was is appendix.
He gives a urine sample, and a blood sample.The urine had blood in it, and the blood test came back normal. After about an hr, we are back in a room.
They give him an IV, get him comfy, and we wait. We were now at about the end of a shift
( thank GOD!) and so we had to wait for new people.
The new doc and nurse were much improved,lol. Joel had an xray and eventually a cat scan.
They felt he had a kidney infection and another condition that looks like the appendix but is really swollen lymph nodes, and is equally painful, but benign.
We go home, and Joel, who heard no restrictions, heads back to school.
The next day, Joel's pediatrician calls, to say that the urine culture does not show infection, so there is something else going on.Could be that he passed a kidney stone, could be a kidney not functioning properly, who knows, at this point. We see Joels doc on Tuesday, for another urine test, and new plan of action.
Josh has been a busy guy, working at the paintball course. Lots of hours this week. He is also hoping for a summer job at the pool, so he can say " I have two jobs"- he thinks he is hilarious when he says that,lol.
This weekend is a fun, but busy one too.
Joel has a recertification class for lifeguarding, and Josh is going to work both days. I am going to try to squeeze some scrapping in, but this house is a wreck! I got behind while Joel was sick and I was tired from being at ER.
We are going to do something different this year, for easter, out of necessity. With Josh being gone all day, we are going to have our easter egg in the dark, with flashlights. The guys are looking forward to that!

No comments: