About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

as the world turns

joel had a follow up visit tuesday, and here is what is next for him:
1) has to keep a food diary for 5 days- everything he ingests.
2) has to collect urine for a 24 hr period
3) has to have a IVP, a procedure that is a bit of a hassle,lol.
this weekend joel has to not eat any solid food, take laxatives. Then, monday he is going to be injected w/ a dye that will allow them to see the function of the kidneys.
Here's to hoping it is all just a big hassle and they don't find anything scary.

I have blogged about a friend that I have that can be frustrating at times. I love her still though, and the last time I was really frustrated, I decided that that is what was important, that she and I are friends, and over look our differences in parenting.
Let me back up a bit. About 4 years ago, she stopped taking my calls. She had her kids hang up on me, gave me lots of excuses about why she couldn't come to the phone, etc. I never had any idea what happened, and we had been friends for about 4 years, and I was heartbroken. I never mean to hurt anyones feelings, and if I find out that I have I apologize and try never to do it again. I felt I must have offended her, but could not for the life of me figure out why she would just stop talking to me.
Two years later, I got a letter from her. She said that she was so sorry she cut me out of her life, but that I was no fun. She was getting "bored" and all I wanted to do was stuff w/ the kids. She apologized. I went right to her house and told her it was fine and never brought it up again. We picked up right were we left off.
I was really hurt, and I never really told her that. I did not see a lot of good in going on and on about it after the fact. She apologized, I wanted to be her friend again, time to move on.
Now here we are 2 years later. She has done it again. I should not be surprised. I mean, our friendship did not mean crap to her before, why would I think it did now? Again, I have no idea if it is because I am too boring for her, if I offended her or what. This time however, I decided that it really is OK. I am not going to be heartbroken. She's nuts. She drives me crazy. I don't need that in my life anyway.
If, and that is a big IF, she does contact me in the future, it really won't matter. Like I said, she has never held our friendship in the same regard as I do apperantly. I could never trust her again. I don't need the constant take take take of our relationship anyway.
I am sad, like w/ a divorce, for the relationship that you dream of having, instead of the one that you have. I am sad that I am looking around and not seeing other friends,lol. I need to get out and make some.
Thanks for reading this big ol long thing,lol.

No comments: