About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

time marches on

Today as I waited outside the pool for Joel, I started thinking about how just 6 years ago, he, his brother and I waited in line to get into the pool. I was too afraid to drop them off alone, so I stayed w/ them every day. Then, two years later, I could allow them to stay alone there. Now, Joel is a lifegaurd. He is the guy sitting people out, instead of the guy being sat out. He is in charge of other people's safety. Wow. Just wow.
He said to me on the way home today, "You just do not understand what it is like watching a bunch of kids all day!" LOL! What did he think I was doing all those years as a preschool teacher? How bout all of the days w/ his brother, their friends and him?
He is such a joy, and a wonderful kid.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Makes you realize how fast they grow up doesn't it? I remember how when my girls hit high school my head started that count down--inly 3 years left with them, only 2 years left with them and so on.

Lisa said...

yes Dianna, I am doing that too. Especially w/ holidays. It is really hard for me. I hope I am as graceful as you are when my time comes.