About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dude.

Dude came into our family during the whole "Dude, Where's My Car" movie era. Joel named him Dude. Dude was also Joel's favorite word at the time, so the poor dog always thought Joel was calling him.

One day, after Joel moved out, Dude got out of the yard. I walked up and down my street calling his name, not thinking of how that sounded. " Dude, Dude, Dude...where are you?" ;/ My neighbor even came out to help figure out just which Dude was missing lol.

He is getting up in years now ( almost 13 ) and its just him and me now. Joel and Josh have gone off into the world and Mocha is no longer with us. Most times I am home you will find him at my feet. Not really at my feet, but on them.

This night I was off from work and gave him a beef soup bone. He loves them. I took a few pictures of him with my iphone4 and made a collage w/ frametastic. I've been taking a little class about phone photography and apps...its been fun.
in other news, I ordered myself a Ninja Crockpot. This name got laughs from a cashier at sprouts this past week lol. I have used it twice now and I must say I am quite impressed. I love the whole brown the meat in the same pot you are going to slow cook in feature, and today the chicken I made when from the stovetop to the oven feature. Its a gabillion degrees right now, so it was pretty awesome not to have the actual stove and oven heating up my kitchen.


No comments: