About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Brothers. 1998. Skateboarding. Desert West Skateboard Plaza. Relaxing after a morning of trying not to fall down. Josh sees a huge bug on the wall-Joel does not care.

I loved summers. I was a teacher back then, so I was off when they were off. We were not on a year round school or any such schedule. We had plenty of time to relax, and explore hobbies. We usually went one or two mornings to the park, one morning to the library, and one or two mornings to Ben Franklin Crafts for a kids craft. We went home mid day, relaxed/napped/watched some TV. Afternoons were spent at sports practices, games, or with friends.

I feel incredibly lucky that I was able to do this. That my kids were able to do this. Not every child/family is able to. I can look back now, and even though I struggled to make it at times, I am so very glad that I wanted this for them, and did it. No regrets.

No comments: