About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

bullies

I have never really had to deal with bullies as a victim before. When I was teaching, toward the end of my teaching career...those "mean girls" got younger and younger...but even then I did not have to deal with it too often.

But now, as an adult I am dealing with a bully-and I am at a complete loss how to handle it.It is not someone I can stop having contact with. I have tried ignoring, and I have even tried standing up for myself. Neither have worked thus far. I am going to have to adjust my attitude. I can not change what this bully does. I can only change the power I allow the bully to have over how I feel about myself.

Now,recognizing the need to do that is one thing...being able to DO it is another anmial altogether. I have serious doubts about my abilities to do that.

On a brighter note...I have completely fallen in love with making ricotta cheese...and eating ricotta cheese, and cooking with ricotta cheese lol... It is amazing stuff :)

2 comments:

Three Million Movie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnneJolie Jiujitsu said...

Still dealing with the bully? I've had my share in my life, but recently I've aquired a new one at work. A lady I work with, so she is also someone I have to deal with regularly. Have you come up with solutions yet? Is yours still a problem? You can chat with me about things that have worked or not if you like.

Mean people suck.

AJJ BJJ