About Me

My photo
I was a preschool teacher for almost 20 years. I had lots of wonderful experiences. I have now been a 911 dispatcher for 6 yrs now.I love animals,small towns, good food ,karaoke, baseball and walking around our local zoo. Makes me feel at home,lol. I live and breathe scrapbooking and my two adult sons. They really are what is most important in my life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

There is no I in team

There are a few things that are not my favorite about my new job, sorta why they call it work, I guess.

But one of the things that I just don't really understand is the lack of teamwork and professionalism. Of course, not everyone is like this, but it is surely the worst place I have worked with regard to these two issues.

We have two shifts, and that in itself is tough. I don't believe we as people are actually designed to work 12 hr shifts,lol. But we all are doing it. We get three glorious days off each week, and that is nice. There is a lot of competition between the shifts. I don't get that- we are all doing the same job- just at different times. Let's be kind to eachtoher and help eachother out. There are comments everyday like " Those people on day shift, blah blah blah" or the reverse about the night shift.

Last I checked everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Everyone has things they are good at, everyone has things they can improve upon. Look for the strengths in others, and look for ways to improve yourself. Please.

I think we waste a lot of energy and peace that we could have for ourselves with things like this.

2 comments:

scrapper al said...

Well said and so true!

Kristie said...

Amen sister!

That is a BIG reason why I am just NO good in the workplace. I've tried working in the restaurant business, for the Census Bureau, a greeting card factory, just to name a few.
I quit each one simply because of all the self inflicted drama among the workers. I like my life as peaceful as possible and that's just how I live.
All the backbiting is just more than I can stand. There are enough REAL problems in the world without causing unnecessary ones.
Seems there is conflict everywhere in life. Countries can't get along, heck, even states don't get along! Even right down to neighboring schools there is conflict over which is best. I guess I just don't get it and I hope I never do. Thank God that Chris is OK with me staying at home. LOL
Peace! :o)